Monday, July 21, 2008

Thoughts

Here it is, Monday morning! My heart is excited & anxious to see what news this week holds. Here are some random thoughts that I have...God has been so good to daily refresh my spirit & remind me that He is with us.

~HUMILTY: Lately I have been overwhelmed with feeling inadequate for the things that are to come (bringing a fourth child into our family, dealing with attachment, etc.) & in awe that God has allowed us to join Him on this journey. I feel so unworthy...I can't do this! Why did He chose us...but I know we are just His vessels & we can't do this, but He can through us!

~FEAR: There are so many unknowns in this place of waiting & plenty of room for fear to try to creap in. Satan knows that God is doing something BIG & he is working so hard to replace God's peace with fear. I know that Satan is trying to blur our vision & distract us from the knowledge that God is in control of it all (court, traveling, attachement, language, etc.). In my Bible Study, God gave me a sweet reminder. "Those aspirations (vision to adopt an older child, etc.) are the ones I gave to you. You belong to Me. It's OK. Now shut up & jump" (Do You Thing I'm Beautiful? by Angela Thomas). GOD is going to finish the good work He has began...not me or N or our family, but God! We just have to trust Him & be obedient!

~MERCY, GOODNESS, & GRACE: God is so merciful! No, we don't deserve to be on this journey (of life with Him, of adopting our daughter from Ethiopia). We are not perfect. We mess up daily....over & over again. But b/c of God's grace & mercy, we are redeemed. He takes ALL that we are...mess-ups, heart breaks, EVERYTHING in our sack of ashes & exchanges them for a crown of beauty. God is so good! He has been reminding me so much of all the roads that have led us to this point (lossing my dad, miscarriages, etc.). Thank you, God, for loving us!

Now, Lord carry us through this week...no matter what the news!

2 comments:

Our journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our journey said...

Thank you for the reminders with those beautiful reflections. I am sooo glad you got some pictures and now you will be looking forward to those from the next group traveling.

A