Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Still Nothing

We still have not heard anything from court or immigration. I definately feel like I'm losing hope. I'm trying to remind myself that if we don't make it through, she will still be waiting for us. We will not be losing her (just several months of our life together...don't go there, K...). Anyways, We wrote our birthmother letter last night. That was so tough...very hard to express all that we want to say to O.E.'s birthmother. As a parent, I do not think that I have the level of selflessness that she must have....I know she would rather parent O.E. herself than allow another family to adopt her...still she has chosen what she feels is best for her child even though it has to hurt so badly...now that is selfless LOVE! My heart just aches with sadness & then anger that things are so difficult in Ethiopia that parents who genuinely love their children are unable to care for them. God, why...America, why don't we do more in Africa...oh, right...there's no oil there!? Please continue to pray. Sorry to be so BLAH!

1 comment:

Coffeybunny said...

K,
I fully understand all of the feelings you're experiencing. Been there. Sometimes the adoption journey just stinks, but there are better days ahead!
Praying for you.
C