Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby K'tan

I had a hard time deciding on what kind of carrier/sling to go with for our trip to Ethiopia to pick up our girl. I ended up going with the Baby K'tan (I think it was Liz who suggested it....thank you!). I definately may need to invest in a Ergo or Beco later, but I think the K'tan will be good for now (& I really wanted a wrap). I tried it with R &, as you can see from his face, he was not happy about being my guinea pig. He was a good sport though & I love it! No, carrying an older toddler for extended periods is not going to be easy, but I definately think this will make it a little easier! I can't wait to get my girl in it!
Everyone keeps asking about how the wait is going for us. We are definately excited & anxious, but we still have a wonderful peace. It is so good to know that she is being well-cared for at Hannah's Hope. They say she has REALLY attached to A, the orphanage director (to the point that she gets really sad when A has to leave the compound). It is so good to know that she is getting lots of love & hugs, but I am a little jealous b/c my heart wants her to be attaching to me! Please continue to pray that we make it through courts. I know anything is possible with God (& A, the orphanage director) in control!
You may have noticed my new hair do. I got my hair whacked last night. I've been thinking I would need something short & easy soon, but I had originally thought I would wait until after our trip. However, after our referral came & I knew she was older, I decided that may be an unnecessary change for our little girl after she arrives.

5 comments:

Our journey said...

Love the new hair and what a great plan to do it befor you meet her. I am praying for a fast court date. I know they try and work like lightening to get as many kids through before they close.

Amy

Michael and Michelle said...

I also got a sling (hot sling) I hope it works good.
I agree, the wait is still peaceful but if we don't make court it might get difficult!

Hope to meet you in Aug.
Michelle

C said...

praying for your travel!!! I love the hair!!! :)

missy said...

I found your blog and am excited for you as the day draws closer that you will meet your daughter. I'll pray for a speedy court date. We just started the process with AGCI, so it's good to see through blogs some of the road that lies ahead.

Holly Peete said...

LOL at his facial expression!! : )