Saturday, July 26, 2008
Packing
Tonight we started packing a few bags. No, we haven't heard anything, but we realized that we've already got tons of donations just piling up & thought we could go ahead & try our hand at packing the things we have at this point. We were pretty sucessful & enjoyed the challenge. We have one full 50 lb donation bag & one donation suitcase that is at 40 lbs. I know what I'm going to buy to fill up the other 10 lbs. So, we pretty much have filled 2 of our 4 checked bags. Plus, we got O.E.'s little suitcase packed (right now the plan is for that to be one of our two 15 lb. carry-ons...we have to make sure we make it to Ethiopia with clothes & toys for our newest family member...right!). All of you seasoned ET travelers...I'd love to hear how many of your 50 lb. bags you filled with your own clothes, etc. I'm trying to figure out how much room we have for donations. Hmmm... by the way, I'm soooo ready to know whether we will be traveling soon or waiting until the fall. :-( This is by far the hardest wait ever! I want my girl here & I want her here now! Please pray a) that we have a court date scheduled for this week (still no confirmation), b) that our court date will happen as scheduled & without delay, & c) for complete favor in court! I am so thankful for the wonderful people in ET who are working so hard to get as many children through court before closure. The love of the Ethiopian people for their children is amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So excited for you!!!
This is a really hard wait! It's going to be a long hard wait for us!
I got butterflies when I read that you are packing....that is so exciting!! It makes is so real!!!
Michelle
Post a Comment