Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Prayer Request

Tuesday is already finished in Ethiopia. That means only 2 more days left of court before closure. My heart is with all the families waiting to hear if they make it through. I think there are now only 4 more AGCI families. They added 2 more to the travel group that was suppose to leave this coming weekend but now don't have to be over until the next weekend (the 9th). I'm feeling that it is crunch time! Please pray we make it through! Also, long, long story, but I finially was able to get in touch with immigration (USCIS) & they have done nothing with our request to increase of age parameters to include a 4 year old. Ugh! At least we found this out now! We resent our request letter & worded it a little different, so hopefully someone will take quick action on it (we overnighted it, so it should be getting there). Please pray for some wonderful USCIS worker to get our request & process it quickly. Kate said to keep the pressure on them & if I don't have confirmation that's it's been completed by next Monday, to call her & we'd take it to the next level (congressman)! Praise the Lord we found out there was a problem with this, so we could get going on fixing the problem. Thank you for all your prayers. We expect that AGCI will be notifying the remaining families (including us) as to whether they made it through court at the end of this week. We'll keep you posted...please keep praying!!!

4 comments:

Our journey said...

Sending lots of prayer for your family and the others waiting to hear about making it through court. I pray that you find peace in the knowledge that God is in control! I pray your little girl makes it through.
Amy

Charisa said...

Praying that you make it through Karey! Did you ever think that a 24 hour period while you are waiting can seem so long?? I got up one night and checked email at about 2 in the morning!! My husband said what are you doing, and I said seeing if they sent anything about when I travel...I think he thought I'd lost it! He told me they weren't going to send anything in the middle of the night...and I was in a daze and said oh yea...

your adoption buddy in VA :)

Michael and Michelle said...

I am thinking of you so so so much during this time! I really can't wait to hear some good news!!

Michelle

The Gresham Clan said...

I will definitely continue praying for you... Our friends did hear - they are traveling - SOOOOO expensive right now. Praying for God to grant you this request to go to your daughter and that USCIS makes it happen immediately!!

Kristin