Monday, September 29, 2008

Charity: Water

I should have added this to our blog a long time ago! Please check out Charity: Water (on the sidebar). One of our good friends has had the opportunity to work with Scott, the founder of the charity. Right before we traveled, they told us that this year's campaign was for Ethiopia. I watched the trailer & was thrilled, but I just took a minute to watch the trailer & other videos & let me say it is so different now that we've traveled & brought home our amazing daughter. I see her in the face of each of the Ethiopian people. I am reminded of all the amazing people we met while we were in country. It makes my heart ache & miss our time there. It makes me want to do more for Ethiopia & it's amazing people. Yes, I know I use the word "amazing" ALL THE TIME, but every aspect of this journey has been so AMAZING (even the hard times b/c God has been so good to reveal Himself to us through the struggles). Enough already! We love Ethiopia, & we love Charity: Water. P.S.--Their daughter turned 2 last week & celebrated Charity: Water style by asking friends & family to take part in the campaign. OE's 1st birthday party to attend in America was their daughter's & how appropriate....celebrating the birthday of a special little friend while raising money & awareness for the needs of OE's birthcountry! Here are some pictures of the fun! If you want to donate, please consider doing so on Caroline's birthday page.

1 comment:

Jonathan Scoonover said...

Caroline says, "Friend Rusie! Hug her. I miss her." LOL! Mommy says...Cute pictures! Thanks for the charity:water plug! I can't wait to watch this project grow and grow.

Beth