Sunday, September 7, 2008
Our Journey to Today
Today I have been reminded about where we were 8 years ago this week. I was in the midst of miscarrying our first child. It was such a sad time & the real beginning of our journey that has led us today. I am so thankful that God turned those sad times into rejoicing when He brought OE into our lives, but I still grieve the loss of that child & the other child I miscarried, as well. This week in September always has a sad overtone in our life--my miscarriage, then 9/11 (which happened to be the day before we learned that we were pregnant with twins the first time, only to lose one to miscarriage a few weeks later), then my mother's diagnosis with Breast Cancer. What a week this week has been in years past! However, through it all, God has been good! He has always been right here with us. We are in the midst of another challenging time, but, thankfully, not one filled with saddness! We are in the process of bonding with our newest family member, OE! Just like all the other times, He has been right here with us! It is a challenge, but one we are so thankful to be experiencing! She is a special little girl, & we are sooooo blessed to have her in our life! God has given us 4 beautiful children & we are so glad that He has loaned them to us. We know they are ultimately His, & we are humbled that He has allowed us the priveledge to be their earthly parents. God, please give us the patience, strength, & courage to be the parents they need us to be! We feel so little & undeserving, but thankfully, we have a BIG, AMAZING God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I will remember to pray for you guys during this journey of bonding. What beautiful blessings (your four children) you guys have!
I am so excited to see the plans God has for your new family!
You guys are GREAT!!!
Michelle
Love the picture at the top of your blog! Such a beautiful family...one definitely built by God. I understand your sadness...I had several miscarriages too, but look at what a gorgeous family you have! God knew you would be the perfect family for OE! What a blessing! Can't wait to see you all again...we'll keep you all in our prayers.
Stacy
To have been through so much, you carry yourself with such grace and gratitude. It is beautiful to see. And the new family photo looks great!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!
GOD BLESS OUR FAMILY! and the road that has led us to today!
Post a Comment