Sunday, October 5, 2008

6 Weeks Home

Here we are at 6 weeks home! Praise God! We have had a wonderful week! OE's English is improving daily, & she is always so proud when she grasps a new concept or learns a new sentence. It is so fun to watch her! The boys are very proud to be helping her along the way (but we're trying to help L understand he doesn't have to talk so loud & say things so slowly & choppy in order to help her understand...she's pretty much past that now & thinks it's really annoying...he's just trying to help :-) ). Midway through the week we hit a streak of temper tantrums. You know it's bad when the neighbor several doors down could hear her! During one fit, R proceeded to say that she was crying so loud they could hear her in Africa & that she had to be the loudest kid from Africa! That has to be my favorite quote from the past six weeks! I've been worrying about how this was affecting the boys & I've felt better about things this week---humor is really helping! Anyways, she seems to be doing better over the past day or so. The boys respond really well to earning fuzzy balls for their ball jars, and this week we made her a ball jar. Earning balls is serving as a good motivation for her to stop throwing fits (at least for now!). Here are some pictures from our week! P.S.--My rheumatologist started me on steriods Monday to combat the flare up. I'm feeling a lot of relief...I'm still not where I was before the flare up, but I'm able to care for the house & my kids & that's all I care about! :-)

OE already knew how to jump rope when she came home...it was very hard for L to understand how his little sis could do something he couldn't do! He worked & worked & now they love to jump rope together!

We are loving the amazing weather we've been blessed with this week! We've been outside ALOT--riding bikes, playing on the fort, swinging, sliding, playing in the sand box, & having picnics!

Friday night we had our first campfire since OE's been home. It was great! She loved roasting the marshmellows & eating the popcorn we popped over the fire! She wasn't quite into the smores, but she ate her share of the chocolate bars! :-)


Saturday my mom & I took the kids to the little pumpkin patch near our house. This girl LOVES pumkins & was so exicted! Fall is such an amazing time of year, & we are so thankful to have OE here with us this year! Happy Fall Ya'll!

5 comments:

Holly Peete said...

cant wait to see her and the boys again! so happy yall are all getting along so well, despite the tantrums.....this too shall pass! love to all!!

Our journey said...

It is so exciting to see all of you together. I am so thankful you are fdoing a bit better and that you are all getting along so well. Praise God.

P.S. Really hoping this is our week too! I can't wait to meet our little girl.

Eastiopians said...

I always love to read your stories and see your pictures! Thanks for your encouraging words. I am still up cleaning (yes, now I am doing the baseboards although everyone has told me not to....ya know how it is)...but hope to get to bed soon. Talk to you later! I'll let you know how it goes.

Nonna said...

This just warmed my heart! Olivia is just so precious! It was wonderful to see all four of your kids together! What an awesome bunch!

Dawn said...

I love reading your blog! Olivia truly looks like she fits in wonderfully with your family!