Today we had our court date for OE's stateside readoption & citizenship. Woohoo!!!! She was so excited to officially become an American. Afterwards, she wanted to make sure it meant she never had to go back to Ethiopia again. I have such mixed feelings about her feeling this way about her homeland. I'm thankful that she loves it here & is happy, but it makes me so sad that she feels so negative about her birthcountry (& trust me we talk very highly of Ethiopia...to the point where I have wondered if it could cause her to fantasize about it). I realize it probably has a lot to do with where she is in her grieving process. I pray that she comes to the place in her heart where she loves Ethiopia & is thankful for the 5 years she spent there with her Ethiopian family while at the same time being thankful for the opportunity her birthfamily gave her in allowing her to be adopted by our famiy & come to America.
Readoption & Citizenship complete!

OE's family & friends filled the Chambers (the attorney said anyone could come...just no balloons or streamers...we packed the place & our friends even brought cupcakes). It was great! Nathan's parents & grandfather even drove down from the tri-cities (not sure how I missed the picture with them...it was a little chaotic :-) ). Afterwards, we celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese (of course)!




5 comments:
signed, sealed, delivered! AWESOME!
Congratulations, Karey, to you and the family on this happy, happy day!!! I'm so glad that God brought OE to your family! She's a blessed little girl:)
Congratulations OE! What an exciting day. We had judge Fansler for two or our three readopts. Hope to see you all soon.
Yeah!! How exciting Karey.
Congrats sweet OE! I miss the heck-fire out of you guys. Can we plan a play-date?
Post a Comment