Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thanksgiving & Sadness
When I look around & see OE playing & enjoying life I am in awe & so thankful that she is a part of our family! This Thanksgiving, I am so thankful that God brought her to our family this year, & I can't imagine life without her. However, there is also sadness in my heart b/c I know there is another family on the other side of the world that misses her very much. Even though we only met briefly, they are a part of our family & I wish we could be celebrating Thanksgiving with them. Tonight is the first night that OE verbalized to me that she misses them. We were looking at our Ethiopia pictures & I pointed to her family & asked if she misses them. First she said, "no", but then she looked back at me & said, "Big miss". It broke my heart! I wish we could all be together as one big happy family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I was just doing a little back reading on your blog...are you from Washington? I saw Tri Cities mentioned a few times...not sure if it's the same. I live in Vancouver WA, we're in process for an ethiopian baby girl (homestudy) with AGCI.
Have a great thanksgiving! Eryn
we all have ALOT to be thankful for this year! and im sure her birth family is VERY thankful for yall for giving her such a huge opportunity! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE WHOLE MIZE FAMILY! WE LOVE YALL!
I've thought of that scenario as well. I'm glad OE is opening up about her family. Poor baby, it has to be hard to comprehend everything that's happened in such a short time fram. I'm sure it was easier for her to focus on her joys rather than sadness. You are such a wise woman by taking advantage of the opportunity to meet her family and using it to help her grow into an adjusted child. I'm blessed to see how you are handling her transition. It's obvious how much OE is loved by everyone including her ET family.
I also know God has equipped me with the same compassion for an older child as you. I read your post, and you remind me so much of myself with your thoughts on child-rearing. However, we've asked for an infant at this point.
I've signed with another agency who has informed me I won't have the opportunity to meet birthparents. I hope this isn't true and the person was mistaken. This breaks my heart to think I won't be able to help my child trace her lineage one day.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment