Wednesday, November 5, 2008
"New" Birthdate
May 12, 1995 is the date on EVERYTHING for her Ethiopian birthday. It was converted to May 20, 2004, but the correct conversion would be January 20, 2003. Oh well, the reality is that if it had been done correctly in the first place we would have never considered her referral. God obviously allowed it to be done incorrectly...she is the little girl God intended from the beginning to be in our family! It looks like our court delay will allow time for the new date to be on the paperwork..God's timing is always perfect! We have not told the boys yet, but we are trusting that they will be "okay" with the news. R & C may be bummed that they are not really the "big brothers", but we trust that God will take care of that detail just like He has everyother detail of this entire journey. God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
she will still be the baby girl in the house, no doubt!
I'm so glad you figured that out. I know you were worried about it! God is definately in control of it all. It's amazing to see all of the details unfold and know that it is His hand at work for his perfect plan! Love y'all!
I am so happy for you that it can be all figured out--God does work in mysterious ways!
Peace~
Thanks for your blog...esp. the attachment entry - so insightful as we prepare to bring our princess home! Amazing that OE may actually be 5.5 years old...and that God brought her specifically into your home:) He is so very good! May He help you to sleep well tonight as you prepare for the court date next week! I'm praying for you!!!
And what a perfect little 5 and half year old she is!!!! What a testimony to older child adoption!
wow, I've been catching up with your blog and on listserv. Looks like she and ours are probably closer in age than we thought! I'm 99.9% sure our girl's birthdate is wrong too. It just so happens to be the same date she came to HH. I'm not sure that's cooincidnece, you know? You're going to have to teach me about these conversion calculators.ha! -amy
Post a Comment