Friday, April 25, 2008
Missing My Dad
I haven't done this in a while, but today I was suddenly overwhelmed with grief & found myself missing my dad. I think it was a song on the radio that just caused it come rushing in. I didn't try to avoid it or squash it...instead, I just felt it & thought about how much I wish he could be a part of my life. I wish he could know my husband, our three sweet boys, & the daughter we hope to adopt soon! However, I know that God is going to use the loss I have experienced of my own father to give me a glimpse into the grief that our daughter will experience. Shortly after my father's death, God showed me the following verse & I knew then that His hand was in my loss & promised to use it in my life. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God" 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Isn't God good!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
So true my friend...
I had this exact revelation before I got my referral. Just with losing both my mom and dad and how i felt like an orphan myself... it gave me a small glimpse into the heart of my son.
Our heavenly Father is so sweet to bring beauty from ashes! and to give us a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair!
Karey, your daddy is with you in spirit! AND he is ever so present within the eyes of your boys! lol Those boys are most def your father's grandchildren! : )
I lost my mom when I was 6 years old, and I always knew it would make me change into the person God wanted me to be. As we were reading our prep books about adoption I realized how much I could relate to our little guy, what a blessing! Like Tracie said...beauty from ashes!
Post a Comment