Friday, April 4, 2008

Meet the Robinsons

I was thinking today about how far we've come since this time last year, when we were trying to discern if now was the time to begin our dream of international adoption. At first I was the one who was ready to start the journey, but N was not convinced. He is definately the more realistic one of the two of us. We already have busy lives with our three boys...did we really need another one in the bunch? I had talked & talked & tried to convince him that we should do it. Then, I realized that God should be the one to convince him, not me. A couple of days later, we decided to go see "Meet the Robinsons". Neither of us knew what it was about, but our movie loving kids convinced us that we should go. So, on a rainy afternoon (much like it is here today), we headed to the theatre. We all loved the movie. If you haven't seen it, it's about a little boy who lives in an orphanage & dreams of his forever family & evenutally finds the family that is just right for him. Now, remember neither of us knew what it was about, so we were a little shocked that it spoke directly about adoption! By the end of the movie, I looked over to N & saw the tears in his eyes. He looked at me & said, "I've been duped!". He definately thought I knew what the movie was about ahead of time & had planned it all! Isn't God good....nope, I didn't plan it...I just gave it over to Him & knew that He could do a better job of convincing N than I could!

2 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

That's sweet. God does a much better job of convincing than any of us can to.
I am excited to follow your journey.
Michelle

Lauren and Justin said...

Hey, you guys are so passionate. I love the paintings and I am so happy for the progress you are making. God does work in mysterious ways. Another good movie you might want to try is August Rush. Its about a child who uses music to find his family. He was placed in an orphanage by the biological mother's father without the mothers real consent. Its a tear jerker, I think. Much love to you all!!!