Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yellow Fever

This afternoon we went to our local travel clinic to get our yellow fever immunization. With all the crazy flight stuff, we just thought we better make sure we had that base covered in case we got stuck somewhere like Kenya or Sudan! I called the travel clinic this morning to see what their thoughts were & as soon as I filled them in on our itinerary, they said to come today & get the shot b/c it takes 10 days for it to reach full effectiveness (we definitely don't have 10 days)! So, word to future travelers, you know how there's the disclaimer that yellow fever is not necessary for Ethiopia travel unless you get rerouted through certain other countries. Well, you never know where you may end up!

2 comments:

Lori Inman said...

Your boys are just adorable! Yes, I check in on the ET families' website every day. I haven't met anybody yet, but hope to make the next get-together. I'm excited to meet TN families too. Two of my blog buddies will be in ET while you're there - they're both from Michigan.

Jana said...

So excited that you are traveling!!! Wow!!! I am wondering if you would be willing to take pictures of our little guy when you are there. Would you mind emailing me? fraserfam@charter.net
Jana