OE is in our arms forever!!!!!! jghggg That's from her! We had a lazy morning then ate a delicious lunch of pasta with tomato sauce! Yummo! We visited with the other families while we waited for Almaz! She arrived about 1:30 pm. I thought I was going to scream, but I controled myself! We casually sit & talked while the other families finished their lunch. Almaz sipped a cappaciuno & shared of the desperate time the Ethiopians are facing & the worries of what is to come because of the famine. She told us about when she sought refuge in Sudan following the famine of 1984 (or at least that's what I understood). Then we finished our embassy paperwork & discussed the visa appointment. We asked a few questions about our children & she shared things about our children. Most notable was that she told us OE bubbly, smart, & THE BOSS! Oh, boy! Then we made the wonderful walk to Hannah's Hope. As Almaz opened the gate, I was at the front of the group with Nathan behind me recording. As soon as the gate opened, I saw a group of children sitting just beyond the gate. OE was sitting in the middle of the group & waved at me & came running. Well, our dinner is here now....more later! Love to you all!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
AMAZING! AMAZING! My life is on hold b/c I am a blog stauker now. Your journey is just beautiful and awesome!
Trica
PRECIOUS PRECIOUS PRECIOUS!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL! I JUST KNOW THE BOYS ARE GONNA SMOOTHER HER WITH LOVE WHEN THEY SEE HER TOO!!
Yeah!!! Awesome Karey, congratulations!!!!
Oh Karey, you've got me crying with joy for your family and especially for OE. I'm thankful she's so excited to meet you too.
What a blessing that you're finally a Forever Family. We can't wait to meet her!
xoxo
C
Just the post I was looking for! SO SO SO happy for you guys...and for sweet OE! What an amazing moment of first seeing her!
How exciting!! Can't wait to hear more and to see some pictures! :)
So excited for you Karey. What an amazing journey. Loooking forward to more updates.
Amy
I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS THE SIZE OF GOLF BALLS.
I am busting with excitment and wanting to be there with you guys.
OH HOW I LOVE ETHIOPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love u too!
Post a Comment