Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Caution: Very Emotional

Today has been a tough day for me! There is definately still excitement about our impending travel, but it's really starting to hit me that we're leaving the boys! It makes me so sad. We've never been on a trip by ourselves, much less a 8 night trip to the other side of the world. I know this is what God has called us to do & I know He will take care of ALL of us while we are apart, but it still is heart wrenching. Please pray for this for us! N talked to the National Visa Center today & it looks like things are squared away there, so praise the Lord for working that out. Now, please pray for peace as we prepare to leave.

7 comments:

Holly Peete said...

everything will be good! dont worry, please! you will be back before you know it! the boys will be in good hands! love to all!

Coffeybunny said...

I understand how hard this is, trust me. Just wait for the adrenaline to kick in and you'll be fine!
Hugs!
C

Erin said...

It is so understandable, but luckily you will manage to have a fantastic trip anyway.

cb4swife said...

Oh my...It is so hard to leave the kiddos! We don't have a referral yet and I keep thinking about leaving my little girlies behind when we travel and I get sad already! I'll be praying for you...God is going to give you such a great memory with your hubby and baby girl...CB and I keep thinking how the trip is going to give us a very small glimpse of what it was like for Jesus when He left God and came to earth to save and adopt us...there is a song we sing in church about Jesus saving us with the line "Oh the distance that you came" in it that we are sure we will never sing them same again after we travel. God Bless and I'll be praying for you! Oh...love the song "Brown eyed girl" you having playing in the background...that is too cute! Shannon

jody said...

stumbled here. and just had to validate how very hard it is. we left our 4 little boys to go retrieve our twins in Sierra Leone. and the anticipation of leaving them was one of the very hardest things for me. but once you get through the "good-byes"--you will have the grace and strength needed to get your daughter home.
hang in there. this is a hard week in the process...

Eastiopians said...

This is going to be SUCH a great time for you two to bond with your sweet daughter. Focus on that and just breathe deeply. Remind yourself that your boys will be fine, and OE will forever remember your trip to Ethiopia to get her!

Kelly K. said...

I am praying for you as you leave your little darlings behind. But, focus on the joy of bringing your princess home, and the time will go quicker! I sympathize with you! Please give "B" a lot of hugs for us. It comforts me to know that she is in such a loving place as HH. I'll be thinking of you daily! Love and prayers, Kelly