Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthmother Visit

The birthmother visit went very very well this morning. The birthmother's sister, aunt (who is basically OE's grandma due to having such a big part in raising her), and cousin came too. We had a good time talking to them and taking pictures and videos. They wanted us to understand how important it was to them that we knew that they had given her up because they loved her and wanted her to have a better life because they could no longer care for her. Lots of hugs, kisses, and tears as we said goodbye and they left thru the gate at HH.

The meeting lasted about 25 minutes and could not have been better!! Thanks for all the prayers offered up on this meeting. We could sense the presence of God

7 comments:

Holly Peete said...

that is sooo special and you will have pics for OE! she will be so happy she has those later in life!

Tricia said...

It is great to hear how well the visist went! I can't imagine that kind of courage and love. The people of Ethiopia sound amazingly strong.

Unknown said...

Karey,

I cried when I read the last few posts. It brought me back to Addis in the blink of an eye. I'm so happy you are with her. Grace and I love looking at Eyerus' pictures and saying her name. Your daughter won her way into my heart the instant I saw her. She just captures your whole being when she's looking at you. Congratulations! I can't wait until you post photos.

Coffeybunny said...

I'm so glad the meeting went well. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done, but worth every second.
I'm thanksul you've got such great information and photos for OE.

Jenny Stevenson said...

I also cried as I read about your daughter. I am so full of joy for your entire family. We can't wait to see you guys again! We love you!

Our journey said...

What absolute joy I read in your posts. How amazing that this little girl fufills a promise God gave to you. He is amazing.

Amy

Lauren and Justin said...

Wow. We are in such aww about your whole visit. Its so amazing that you will have these memories and moments to share with her forever. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Love to you all and OE. Have a safe journey home!