Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Amazing


Earlier today, something reminded me about a piece of paper that I have carried in my Bible for the past 17 years or so. It was a date page from a calendar from the day that I surrendered my life to the call of Christ. I had been a Christian for years, but it was the day that I said, "Lord, however you want to use me & my circumstances, I give it ALL to you". I didn't know the whole plan of what God had for me (nor do I at this point :-) ), but I did know that it had to do with the orphans of the world. Well, I just looked at that page & you would never believe the date! June 23rd--the same date as our referral! Read below the verse & quote for the day. Goose Bumps!!!!
"I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on
the palms of my hands..." Isaiah 49:15, 16 In those nail-scarred hands we see
the evidence of his love, the assurance that we are his family forever.

5 comments:

C said...

I got the good "chill bumps" and tears, God is so amazing!!!

Holly Peete said...

I believe this is HIS plan for you! What a wonderful family this sweet girl already has!

Outdrsycple said...

I love that little story!! Thanks for sharing it is always refreshing to see the little "love letters" God writes for us. Congratualtions on your little girl!

Dawn said...

Wow - talk about some goosebumps! What an amazing story - thanks for sharing. Congratulations!
~Dawn

Maria and Family said...

I love seeing GODs "signs" very cool! I bet your new daughter is just beautiful :) :)
Maria