This week, I started working on her preschool workbook with her. She loves to "do school". The first day, I wrote her name & she immediately began working deligently to copy it over & over again. That night, N couldn't believe it when he gave her the pen to sign my birthday card & she immediately began spelling her name out in the most beautiful denelian handwriting you've ever seen.
We are thankful to have OE in our life! She is such an amazing little girl! I still catch myself looking at her & not believing my eyes that she is really here with us! It's such a dream come true! Here are some pictures from our week--enjoy!
Gatorade & popsicle run for C who has been so sick all week! OE was a great little sis & helped Mommy take good care of him!
My yummy birthday treat that the kids helped my mom make! I had a quiet b-day--no parties to overwhelm/interfere with bonding & a sick boy--but that's okay! I am just so thankful I had my daughter home & in my arms! God is good!
East TN is experiencing some very cool, fall weather & OE says it's "Very, Very Cold" (in her sweet Amharic accent with the r's rolled). It's so stinkin' adorable! She loves to sit outside on the deck & lately she's been needing a blanket to cuddle up with during her early morning deck time! Today marks the beginning of L's fall break. I'm so excited that he & OE will have extra time to spend together this week. The both love to do art & sing, so I'm sure our week will be filled with lots of artistic fun--I'm praying for some sweet brother/sister bonding time for them during the break!

Tonight, OE had her first Calhoun's BBQ experience! She LOVED the ribs! She is such a TN girl--I love it! I wasn't too happy that I had to share my ribs with her though! Next time this girl needs her own 1/2 slab--we never expected her to chow like she did! LOL!




6 comments:
i am so happy to hear of her contant progress! the time will come when she will cherish those pictures, she is just adjusting to her wonderful new family! love to all!
I love the photos!!! You sure have a doll baby!
Michelle
How cute...she likes ribs, she's smart, ....what a girl! Happy late B Day!
To think she was orphaned four months ago is amazing...she does have a lot going on...God Bless little OE and your family.
I am so behind in the blog world... so I thought I'd catch up on your blog!
HOW ARE YOU?
Can't believe we live in the same town and never talk.
What is wrong with C? Does he have the yuck that is going around?
Call me sometime! LET'S HANG OUT
Your family is so beautiful. I'm so happy OE is adjusting so well. Happy 30th! I'm just now getting around to responding to all my tags.
So happy she is home. She is simply beautiful.
Post a Comment