skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Easter
During an interview for the school yearbook, a principal that I used to work was asked about his favorite holiday. His response was "Easter...because without Easter, Christmas would not mean anything". Isn't that amazingly simple & ever so true! The sacrifice of Jesus & His resurrection is the miracle that allows us all to live our lives in joy & experience all the wonders that this life holds for each every one of us! And, just as the mourning of Good Friday turned into rejoicing on Easter, God is always at work turning our mourning into gladness. Two years ago on the way to church on Easter morning, I saw a father walking with his daughter to church. She was a cute as can be in her Easter dress & I immediately burst into tears (on a funny note, I had just had one of my ovaries removed, so I was definately a "little" emotional :-) ). My heart ached for the little girl I never got to see dressed in her Easter dress! Now, God is turning my sadness into joy because I know our daughter is out there waiting for us to bring her home & next Easter, God willing, we will be celebrating the miracle of the cross with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment