Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Tough 24 Hours in Adoption Land

Well, yesterday was a tough day at our house...L woke up throwing up & I felt like I had the flu & often wished I would just throw up & get it over with. It was one of those days that Satan has a hay day because we all know how hard he tries to get us when we're already feeling down. When I was trying to make it through the day taking care of 2 well children, 1 sick child, & our sweet, darling PUPPY, Satan kept throwing our adoption in my face..."how are you going to take care of one more???", etc.. Anyways, that's how the day went. Things got better when I was in bed with the boys & almost asleep for the night, when N came in & said there was an e-mail from Kate (our casemanager with AGCI). It was regarding the renewal of the adoption agreement between the U.S. & Vietnam. The statement that stood our to him was this, "For families with their dossiers registered this should not affect you at all. The DIA has stated that even if this agreement is not signed in by its expiration date in September they will still honor the families and complete the adoptions for registered dossiers. READ THIS SENTENCE TWICE". We rejoiced! It seemed to answer all of our wonderings about whether we would get our daughter from Vietnam. However, this morning, when I woke up to read the email for myself I read it a little more closely than N & went on to read the link that Kate had included to the "warning concerning adoptions in Vietnam" on the US Embassy website....ick! It was very disheartening. It seems that the renegotiation process has taken a downward turn over the past couple of weeks. It is not looking like the MOU is going to be renewed by the deadline. Families who are working on their dossier are being told to get it completed & turned in quickly so it can get registered with the IAD before May 1st (which is the now the date that the agreement needs to be renewed by). Since our dossier has been registered since December (well before the May 1st deadline), we are very hopeful that our adoption will be completed. Please continue praying with us about this situation. We truly feel that our heart is in Vietnam. The need there is so great, not only in the hearts of so many children who need forever families but in the hearts of all the Vietnamese people who need a Savior.

2 comments:

Sarah Garber said...

Isn't so awesome to see God work! I can see how God is working through this adoption. I am so glad things continue to move forward and closer for your Emily Grace. Thank you for sharing your journey.

A Team said...

Hey Karey,
Tammy gave me your blog address. When she told me "she said you guys met at Chuckie Cheese" ... I knew EXACTLY who she was talking about! I TOTALLY REMEMBER YOU! I'm thinking that was a long time ago... was it?
I'm sure she told you we'd be leaving in a few weeks to get our son. It's crazy!
WE ARE USING AGCI as well!
Here's my e-mail address...
t.ancelet@knology.net

fun to find you again.
tracie